Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stealing Golf Balls with Oliver

So when I was in high school me and my friend used to steal golf balls. We would go out to the golf course at night and swim out into the pond, dive down, and grab as many golf balls as we could carry.  Sometimes would trade them to college students for beer, but mostly it was just something to do. Usually we only did it in the summer, but my friend Oliver had just got a wet suit for Christmas and he wants to try it out. So me, Oliver, and another guy, Evan, go out to steal some golf balls.

So we go down to the course, park down the road, walk to the course, climb over the fence, and head for the water hazard. We almost get there, when we see a flashlight in the distance. Apparently the course has a security guard now. We kind of panic and start running back towards the woods. When we get in the trees we realize that Even isn’t there. We look back and see him on the ground. He tripped. I wave for him to hurry up, but when he gets up he slips and falls again. The ground is muddy. I’m trying not to laugh out loud.

“What an idiot” I whisper to Oliver. 

Oliver looks back at me all serous and says “Never leave a man behind David.” Then he smears mud on his face. For camouflage I guess, and goes commando crawling out to where Evan is. Then he throws him over his shoulder and starts carrying him back towards the trees.

Now Evan’s not really hurt, he just fell in the mud, so he’s laughing his ass off as Oliver carries him to “safety”. Apparently the security guard wasn’t paying attention because he never even came over our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment